Monday, April 28, 2008

...and more Scarlett Johansson


Cover of falling down - the first single from Scarlett Johansson's Tom Waits cover album anywhere I lay my head. Image from absurdity blog.

I wrote about Scarlett Johansson's Tom Waits cover album and the song by song pre-review a few weeks ago and I've now finally heard the first single falling down (link doesn't show official video).

Very, very Velvet Underground and Nico, but with a dreamy quality - and perfectly harmonised backing vocals by David Bowie.

After hearing her wonderful take on Tom Wait's Falling Down it's quite startling to realise that she actually has a classically good singing voice (again not an official music video). I still prefer falling down though...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jag visste inte att david bowie backae upp henne. vart förvånad hur mycket jag tyckte om falling down. den är vacker.